Our purpose is to create a world where people live free from violence and poverty to peace and prosperity.
A peaceful, just and prosperous society.
To serve communities affected by conflict with resources and tools to move from crisis and poverty to peace and development.
1. Equity and inclusivity: We believe everyone deserves impartial access to resources, rights and opportunities hence support actions that deepen mutuality, equity and equality.
2. Tolerance: We respect and appreciate people’s diverse beliefs, values, feelings and experiences.
3. Integrity: We hold ourselves to the highest level of moral and ethical uprightness, honesty and transparency.
4. Accountability: We are committed to judicious and transparent management of processes and resources entrusted to us.
5. Collaboration: We nurture working relationships based on partnership principles of mutual respect, complimentary, reciprocity, shared value and joint learning.
6. Do No Harm: We take a step back from an intervention to look at the broader context and mitigate potential negative effects on the social fabric, the economy and the environment.
Our Guiding Principles
Partnering for impact
We bring people together across divides to find sustainable solutions to overcome violence and poverty. We work with a wide range of partners at all levels of society, including the national and county government, the police, civil society organizations, grassroots communities, religious and business leaders and council of elders.
Supporting community-led change
We support and empower local communities to drive bottom-up social change and implement their own solutions, because communities are the best agents of their own change. We invest in and strengthen community systems and structures to drive and sustain home-grown solutions.
A holistic approach to peace and developmentWe promote multi-pronged approaches that link peace and with development to effectively address the underlying drivers and root causes of violence and poverty. We acknowledge the interconnectedness of issues, needs and endeavor to bridge all gaps through participation and inclusivity.