The project was a great success beyond Pamoja’s expectations and exceeded the desired goals. It attracted a lot of interest and enjoys goodwill and appreciation from the local communities, local institutions, and governmental offices for its unique approach of combining loans with diverse training and intensive participatory mentorship and coaching.
- Over 180 persons directly benefited from the business management, life skills trainings, coaching, mentoring and loan disbursement.
- 12 business loans disbursed to groups and individuals
- Capacity of 60 small business managers and employees strengthened through loans and coaching
- KES 90,000. - Average loan size granted.
- 67 % of loan recipients are female
- 100% of loan repayments on track
- 85% groups report increased self-confidence concerning knowledge in financial and business management.
- 80% beneficiaries report more stable income
- 51 % of loans support access to clean water and sanitation, food security, and education
Multiplying social impact: Once a loan is repaid, we lend to another small enterprise, multiplying the social impact of the donation.